14 ways to Join your Crochet

I’ve recently seen a lot of crochet blankets being worked on. I have also finished one a few days ago. As a result, I’ve been thinking of the best ways of joining crochet work.

After a little research, I was amazed to see how many different ways there are to do this. Choosing a method depends on the colour, design and effect you want to create. So here are 14 ways to join your work. Let me know if you can think of other methods. Click on the titles for a link to a tutorial.

Whipstitch – sew them together. Nice, flat and involves a needle.
whipstitch

“Zipper” Method – amazing flat crochet join which makes a feature out of your join.
zipper methodInvisible Seam join – the opposite of the Zipper Method.
invisible seam joinUnusual “Dude” Join – I’m not sure how to describe this but it is very pretty
dude joiningSlip-stitch join – easy and neat
slip stitch joinChain join – simple, decorative and lacy.
chain joinSingle crochet join – the one I tend to use.
single crochet joinInvisible join – magic!
invisible joinScallop join – a classic and elegant join.
scallop joinFlat Braid join – provides a lovely frame for your crochet.
flat braid joinSimulated Braid join – for when you want to go all out.
simulated braidGranny square join – the old faithful.
granny square joinJoin as you go - for those who just have no patience (like me)join as you go

Tunisian Crochet join – I MUST learn this technique!
tunisian crochet join

Do you know of others?

About these ads

About monsteryarns

I am a yarn enthusiast and knitter. And I am incredibly fortunate to use both in my home business as a quality yarn retailer and knitting coach.
This entry was posted in Craft, crochet and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to 14 ways to Join your Crochet

1. Natasja says:

Reblogged this on crochetime and commented:
    I found this great summary of the many ways to join crochet.

2. Pingback: 14 ways to Join your Crochet | Crochet Stitches and Butterfly Kisses

3. wscottling says:

Reblogged this on Willow's Corner and commented:
    I’m always looking for ways to join squares, even though I don’t really make that many squares… I’m just odd that way I guess. :) Anyway, thought I’d share!

4. milbosbibs says:

Reblogged this on Milbo's and commented:
    This is a great summary of crochet join work. I personally love the good old ‘Join as you go’.

5. Pingback: Knitting, Knitting, (a Little Crochet)…and more Knitting! | Pearl*s Handmade

6. adaisygarden says:

So helpful! Thank you for a great post.

7. yaddle says:

Reblogged this on all my imperfections and commented:
    Wow, some of these are so pretty!
    Will have to try these out in future granny square blankets.
    The one I made for myself and the 2 I made for my daughters were all joined with the “single crochet” method, simply because thats all I knew how to do at the time.

8. yaddle says:

here via http://ukcrochetpatterns.wordpress.com :)

Thank you for this post, it will be very useful to me. I am quite new to crochet, having taught myself from youtube at the end of last year. Made 3 granny square blankets so far (as well as some hats) and only really knew how to do the single crochet type join.
    Some of these look so pretty! I will have to try them out in the future :)

Reblogged on my blog (http://allmyimperfection.com/) :)

• monsteryarns says:

You’re very welcome. To be quite honest, I was really surprised how many different ways there are to join squares too. I’m quite impatient so rarely make things that need too much finishing off afterwards but when I do, I like to experiment.
      Let me know which one you try and how you get on!

9. Pingback: The Kitchener Bind-Off – a Tutorial |